- Apple is one of the largest consumers of RAM (and a key customer for Micron via Elpida); It’s been tipped in the past, that Apple could make up as much as 25% of the world’s demand for DRAM.
- The iPad Air 2 looks like it will have twice as much DRAM as before (the iPad Air has 1GB)
- Apple’s been up’ing the base RAM across much of its Mac line
- And iPhone 6(+) sales are looking robust
- So, DRAM demand looks solid
- About 70% of Micron’s revenue is DRAM.
- Micron’s PE is 11.64; which is pretty low.
- The big risk is that while demand for DRAM is growing crazy fast, supply if growing equally fast.
Perhaps it’s time buy some (more) MU?
Disclosure: I am long $AAPL and $MU