|Google Drive (searchable)||2TB||$ 100|
|Apple iCloud (can be shared with family)||2TB||$ 120|
|Dropbox (searchable, best sync engine)||2TB||$ 200|
|Backblaze B2||2TB||$ 120|
|OVH SoYouStart||2TB||$ 360|
|DreamObjects (DreamHost)||2TB||$ 600|
- 2TB is the sweet spot for me; YMMV.
- iOS does not seem to search Google Drive like it does Dropbox
- Google’s One (https://one.google.com/) may make Google’s offering more attractive
- Google does a lot of rate-limiting apparently
- Microsoft is giving you Office 365 (which you’d have to pay for anyways) with the 1Tb
- pCloud: I’d trust Google over pCloud… and Drive is searchable, has an excellent API and is probably supported by a lot more tools and services.
- iCloud: The worst by far in terms of performance; sync is slower than molasses from India. And they ($AAPL) don’t care. With Google Photos, iCloud’s limited advantage of deep integration with iOS Photos is not as relevant.
- MediaFire: No search;
Also see https://rclone.org/