- Heroku Postgres
- Good & simple
- IBM DB2: No credit card required, re-activate by email every 90 days
- 200 MB of data storage
- 15 simultaneous connections
- Shared multitenant system
- “Always free” Oracle Cloud instance (ptooie, slow as molasses) +
apt install postgres
- Supabase: Postgres, realtime, kinda like Firebase but with SQL and a real postgres instance. Free while in beta
- If “free” is the overriding factor, Heroku Postgres.
- If you can live with a small cost, its simple & reliable to create a Digital Ocean Droplet using a ready made template. Example, this high quality template from Supabase: https://marketplace.digitalocean.com/apps/supabase-postgres. Use my referral link to get $100 free!!
- Any cPanel hosting provider – some can be super low cost (see lowendhost.com)
“Free” SQL Databases
29 Tuesday Dec 2020
Posted aide-memoire, programming, techin